Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas to me!




I got an early Christmas present. Today was another great day at the doctor's! Cervix looks the same. No changes and we are still at 31 mm. And no funneling. But doctor said that that can change on a day to day basis. Only complaint is contractions are starting to pick-up right before I take my medicine. Probably due to the increasing weight of my uterus and baby. So we will look at possibly uping my dose. Downside is that the true use for Procardia is to lower blood pressure and help heart function. So when I take it, I feel dizzy, light headed, and flushed. If I can't handle uping my dose, we'll have to look at going up the chain of meds and starting terb. Faith is growing and thriving. She weighs 829 grams ( 1 lb 12 oz). When the tech told me her wegiht, I was so happy and surprised. I was expecting for her to only be 600-700 grams. And we got some really cute pictures. Such a difference 4 weeks makes for a fetus. She is looking healthier and chubbier with every scan.

After our appointment we shot over to my home away from home; St Mary's NICU. I had some yummy treats in tow and I wanted to show Cody a baby that weighed as much as ours. It was sooooooo nice to see everyone and be back there. I really do miss being a nurse but I know that it will be there waiting for me after this little one is born. We got to see a 800 gram baby. He was so little and hairy. But doing well. I'm sure that was somewhat reassuring to Cody to see such a little creature thriving outside the womb. I also chatted it up with some of my friends. I hope that if things continue to go well, I can eventually do some sort of lunch or get together just to visit with everyone I miss so much.

Christmas is nearing and can I just tell you that we have been blessed beyond words! We received the most tremendous care package from work. And using the word generous to describe the contents is putting it mild. Food, paper goods, money, gift cards and more! I don't know how I will ever be able to repay them. I just hope that they know how much we appreciate it. It makes concentrating on keeping this little girl in alot easier. Honeslty, how can you "take it easy" when you worry about bills, food, and Christmas on top of everything else? But with the kindness of my co-workers, I can. And work isn't the only one who gave so generously. We've gotten gifts from family, extended family, friends, and even strangers. Let's just say I have a long list of thank you notes that need to get written and sent.

Lastly, have a blessed Christmas this year. Appreciate the simple things this year; being with your family and surrounded by people who love you.

2 comments:

  1. Michelle - what a wonderful update! Faith is so cute! Love the photos of her new chubbier self!

    Praising God for how you are doing!

    Blessings and Merry Christmas!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle~ it was so good to see you and Cody! you looked so excited and happy!

    I'm so glad that all is going well. Please know I will continue to pray for Faith and your family.

    Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!

    Love,
    Mare

    ReplyDelete