Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Long time....

I know it's been awhile since my last update. But for good reasons. There just hasn't been anything new to report. Other then the fact that I've been feeling extremely antisocial and am still nesting like crazy. I think we can officially say that things are as ready as they'll ever be for Faith to arrive. We set-up the changing table, bassinet, and cleaned all the things that needed to be cleaned and sterilized.

Our OB appt yesterday went really well. We did plan to do a fetal fibronectin but since there are only 3 more days left were they would actually do anything if it came back positive, my doctor decided to skip it. And I was actually fine with that. My cervix was closed still. Yay! Her heart was nice and strong. But the best news of the day was that she is head down! A week or so ago I thought that my belly had shifted. Even Cody noticed. My OB said that chances are extremely slim that she'll go back to breech before delivering. But you never know. Especially with this little girl. She never fails to surprise us! So after our appt Cody and I were joking that of all the kids, she'll probably come the latest. Despite all the trouble she gave us early on. But then when we got home, I started to feel really crampy and had a large amount of spotting mixed with mucus. HMMMM...could it be my mucus plug? I first explained it away by thinking it was just from the internal exam but as Cody pointed out, this was the first time this has happened and I've had more internal exams then you could count by now. Plus it wasn't the normal brown tinged discharge. This time it was pink, plentiful, and thick. So who knows? If it indeed was my mucus plug, then we're looking at probably 2 weeks versus 4 weeks.

We are getting so excited and anxious. But I hate to see it end. This is definitely our last one and I want to savor every move and kick. Of course I would love to see her, kiss her, cuddle her, but once she is born, that's it. It's so weird to have all these mixed emotions. I could write a whole blog on this subject so I'll save it for another day. But for now, I'm just grateful that in 2 days, I will be 34 weeks. We've made it!

2 comments:

  1. Michelle - I just got home from Ethiopia with Lilly. I have been hoping you would update. I'm overjoyed to hear you are 34 weeks! PRAISE GOD!

    Can't wait to meet precious Faith.

    Love and blessings - Jill
    Thank you for allowing me the blessing of praying with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle~ that is wonderful news!! I am so happy!!! We need to talk and set up a time for lunch!!!

    My continued love and prayers,
    Mare

    ReplyDelete